Step 1: Before You Start
Veterinary clinics should only complete this form if:
- The treatment that the pet requires:
- is essential/non-elective. BFF does NOT fund elective procedures such as spaying/neutering, vaccinations, or routine examinations.
- will result in a survival rate of 50% or greater.
- The pet owner:
- lives on Vancouver Island, and
- confirms that they meet BFF’s income eligibility.
Note: BFF does not provide assistance for animals under the care/guardianship of foster homes or pet rescue organizations.
STEP 2: ENSURE THAT THE PET OWNER HAS READ THE INFORMATION SHEET
- If the pet owner has not read the information sheet, click here and provide it to them.
- Collect proof of income and pet photo (optional) from the pet owner.
If any of the attachments are in paper form, they will need to be scanned (or a legible photo taken of them) before submitting to BFF.
STEP 3: Complete the vet clinic form below and submit to BFF
- Complete the form below in full. (You may attach a detailed estimate with some of this information if that is your preference.)
- When directed, attach proof of income eligibility and any additional attachments provided by the pet owner such as pet photos.
- Click submit.